Sunday, April 8, 2012

The F Word

fem·i·nist

[fem-uh-nist] Show IPA
adjective Sometimes, fem·i·nis·tic .
1.
advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men.

I do consider myself a feminist and my photography explores the idea of this. This photo has layers of meanings for myself, and I continue to see this photograph in different ways as I continue to evolve as a person. I won't go into too much detail about what it means to me. Although I would like to say even though there has been a lot of progress made for women's rights, we still have a lot more work to do. I am sharing this image with you all so you can pull your own meanings from it and have your own experience with the image.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, Jordan. I'm always still surprised when women are hesitant about coming out as feminists. I understanding not wanting to be a label but I think there are misconceptions about what it means (or can mean) to be a feminist. I completely agree that a lot still needs to be done - we still live in a male-dominated society despite what people think - and the first step is getting more people on board with the "f-word".

    ReplyDelete