Sunday, March 4, 2012

Elizabeth & Hazel

I found Elizabeth and Hazel to be a very refreshing book. Although the end was a bit strange for me. Elizabeth must have been very strong and courageous to find it in her heart to forgive Hazel and form a connection with her. I'm not sure, if it were me, if I could ever have ended up having any form of contact with Hazel after all that had happened even if she only did it for the photo opp. So I did a watercolor image of Elizabeth and Hazel and their faces are overlapping. Where they overlap I used blue and red: the anxiety of the color red and the calmness of blue create a tension in the space between the figures. The tension shows all the tension between Elizabeth and Hazel throughout the book and the threads sewn through the paper represent how the characters lives were woven together.

No comments:

Post a Comment